Sunday, June 22, 2008

Why Don't I Cut Off All My Fingers And Put Them In A Salad?!?


Rest in Peace, you old cocksucker. We'll miss you tons.


EDIT/ADDITION: And for those folks who don't get the genius of the man, and/or don't get why I happen to think Carlin was one of the funniest and smartest comedians (let alone observers of humanity) around, here's a little taste...this is Mr. Carlin talking about the uproar over Jane Fonda using the word "cunt" on television:

+++++++++++
That incident is the shining example of what I was talking about earlier, about the inconsistency. Here's two people talking about something called "The Vagina Monologues." So, there's an implicit agreement that it's okay to talk about, it's okay to use the word "vagina" and refer to the female organ. So that's given, and that's okay, and everybody agrees that yes, we will allow that, we can talk about the female organ - unless we use a different word for it! If we use the word "cunt" we can't do that! "But it's the same piece of the body" "Yeah, yeah I know, but we don't like the sound of that word 'cunt' - some women don't like that." So there we are down the whirlpool into the drain. It's just so much hypocrisy, and insecurity - people don't trust themselves and others to be able to handle things in a mature way and to be able to look at real life as it is. That word 'cunt' didn't come from the devil it came from people - it's part of the human language - so's 'fuck' and 'cocksucker' and 'motherfucker' and 'shit' - and the fact that they bother some people on a superstitious level is really kind of too bad. It's kind of unfortunate. You know, I understand the reason for taboos, and all that stuff. But I think, it would be really nice if this species would grow up one of these fucking days.
+++++++++++++

Fucking genius!

Later ya'll!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a damn shame that we lose him. Sadly, I was only recently graced with the pleasure of hearing his comedic performances. He shall be missed sorely.

Unknown said...

No fucking way....

GrYnder McDuff! said...

Murderdolls, as soon as I read David's post, the words I muttered to myself were your exactly.

"No fucking way."

I can't believe this. GUUH.

Anonymous said...

If there is a hell, George is certainly there right now.

Loving every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I thought my friend was jerking my chain when he told me this...I mean, Carlin's immune system is equipped with fully automatic military rifles with nightvision AND laser scopes. And some time ago they acquired phosperous grenades, cluster bombs, and anti-personel fragmentation mines. Hard to beleive anything could have gotten past it.

We're fucked even harder without George to tell us we're being fucked. Another brilliant mind out of the picture. Who the hell else awesome is going to die next?

Dark Ede said...

My first reaction, "Oh Damn!"

I have seen him 4 times, the last time in 2006. He still was sharp. I was considering going to see him this year.

Thomas John Lloyd Kastner said...

George Carlin will be missed greatly by many. If you haven't already, check out his books.

Fucking comedy legend and more.

nipun_coolguy said...

I would second that, David. There are 'purists' who hated him for kinda 'glorifying' profane language.
I just found out about his death, and I can't wrap my mind around it.

And as for those of you who have already, and will continue to, bash his theories, beliefs, and whatever else...He brought humor to people. He said things most other comedians wouldn't, and for that, he will always be seen as amazing. He was a genius, and nothing short.
Thank you George Carlin, your insight was of huge importance for the human race, you will be greatly missed by many.
R.I.P, you are forever in our thoughts!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!

Damn I had no clue till I read your blog that he died last night. I like you am a huge fan of his. He was without a doubt my most favorite comedian of all time.

You were right on about how he was so great at pointing out the really hypocritical and hilarious nature of most people.

Without a doubt he'll be missed.

Zodiak said...

shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits

that's all I need to say here. RIP Carlin. =(

Anonymous said...

First Richard Pryor, now George Carlin... The world is becoming a lot less funny.

Anonymous said...

Carlin you will be missed. You were the funniest man ever to grace us with your comedy. I got to see him last year thankfully.
Stoked to come to David's site and see he felt the same about George.
and as Rufus would say..........

"Gentlemen you are on your own"
RIP George our hippy dippy weather man

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

gg

rip

Exophrine said...

Well, we don't have to worry because he didn't "die"

He "passed away" .... he "expired," like a magazine subscription.

Haha...in an interview, he also said that he wanted his epitaph to say "He was here just a minute ago."

He was a comic great to the end.

Farewell to a great entertainer.

Unknown said...

Nice information, good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need; thanks for this Great post.
agario unblocked
atari breakout
2048
five nights at freddy's
geometry dash
happy wheels
tank trouble