This will make sense if you go here and read my response to a poster who calls himself megamixer.
1- That's fair. I'm the same: unless I get the details I want, why would a game maker (or a maker of ANY product) expect my cash? I'm with you on that. As for the single player, specific details will hit in the new year.
2- Since you bothered to write, let me try to shed a little light on the campaign game (1p and split screen co-op). First off, it's the most varied Twisted campaign we've ever done. It's not just the rinse/repeat death match over and over of the old games. BUT it's not a mission based GTA style game, either. So don't buy the new TM expecting some sort of BATMAN:ARKHAM CITY story mode, cause the game's not that.
3. Game has three characters (Tooth; Grimm; Dollface). Each character has an opening, mid, and end movie. In between the movies, each character has 6 unique events spread across 8 levels. The last of the events is a totally unique boss, designed specifically for that character/chapter.
4. Each event is still very much tied into the core idea of vehicle combat. But the individual events/goals are more varied. For example:
*we've thrown some combat races in there (i.e. Calypso has strapped bombs to every vehicle...you must race the other cars to reach the detonation gate that arms the bombs and then be the first vehicle back at the starting line that hits the detonator pad that blows up all the other vehicles in the race....and the LAST race ((there are three of them)) has the detonator pad inside a moving semi truck that's racing down the freeway so things get nuts!)
* Two of the races force you to race thru gates that make up the course. You can bypass these gates for sure, but miss too many and your bomb goes off and you die. The harder the difficulty setting, the fewer the gates you can miss.
*We have modes that contain armed-for-bear semi trucks that can take you our fast and that spawn enemies out the back. These guys don't appear on radar so you need to track them and always have a sense of where they are because every 45 seconds or so a new enemy is dropped out the back of their trailer and onto the battlefield so you gotta hunt those semis down and take them out before they spawn so many vehicles that the event becomes impossible to beat.
*We have traditional deathmatch levels that you must fight INSIDE these electric cages that move around the level, forcing the fight to various areas of the map. Some of the cage configurations are big, some are super small and tense. And you can only be outside the cage for 30 seconds before your health begins to drain when you are outside the cage. So you have to manage your grace period carefully (leaving the cage at the opportune moments to grab weapons or use the 100% full health regen semi from Calypso industries, etc).
*Straight up traditional 'kill all enemies in the level to advance' levels.
* Endurance battles where enemies never stop spawning but you must take out 8 or 10 or 12 to win the event.
...so stuff like that. We feel it keeps the campaign unique and fresh while still staying true to the franchise (i.e. again, it's not turned into a mission based single player game).
* Once you finish an event, you can replay it at any time to earn medals (different from trophies). Earn all gold medals to get skins and other elements. Beating the game on HARD gives you the LASER PISTOL side arm. Getting ALL GOLD on TWISTED mode (the hardest mode) allows you to unlock WARTHOG. Both of these items (a side arm and a full on vehicle) can only be earned in campaign mode. So if you see someone online with either, you know they are pretty elite players!
Again, more details to come in the new year, but that should give you an idea of where we are headed.
5- I was going to say don't call me Jaffeyboy. But hell, you walk around head held high calling yourself 'megamixer' which means you probably would not understand why you calling me Jaffeyboy comes off as disrespectful and annoying :).